In the event of Independence Day, which is a federal holiday, if July 4 is a Thursday, Independence Day is seen on Wednesday, July 3. If July 4 is a Thursday, it is seen on Friday, July 5. Government offices and schools are closed. A few businesses might be closed too.
There are numerous parades, shows, and firecrackers shows. This may make local disruption to traffic. Public transports don’t work on their standard timetables on this day due to this, so take care while leaving your house before going to any event, go there a little early according to your own calculations based on the distance and route for reaching your destination.
While you might not be able to run to the bank, to the post office, or to the stock market on July 4th, just relax. You will be able to go to your local supermarkets, liquor stores, and convenience shops. Municipal, state and federal offices are closed, but you should be able to go to your favourite taverns and bars.
- Departmental store’s Seven Eleven, Boston Market, save a lot , Ikea are open.
- Liquor stores: may be Open or Closed on July 4th. This depends on which state and/or city you are located in. Some areas allow alcoholic beverages to be sold on the 4th of July while others prohibit sales.
- Supermarkets and malls (Mall of America, King of Prussia Mall, Aventura Mall, South Coast Plaza) are Open.
- Convenience stores are Open.
- Bars, Taverns etc are Open.
- All Banks likes Arvest Bank, Citizens Bank, Regions Bank, Capital one bank, Bank of America, TD Bank, Fifth Third Bank, US Bank, CitiBank are Closed.
- Stock market: Closed.
- All postal office like USPS, FedEx is closed.
- Municipal, state, federal offices are Closed.
- CASUAL RESTAURANTS are OPEN on July 4. Several restaurants serve free or discounted meals to veterans and active military service members.
- Movie Theaters are open.
- Big Box Stores are Open on July 4th.
- Some restaurant like Krystal burger, Hooters, Quiznos, Papa John’s, smoothies, Einstein’s bagels, El Pollo Loco, Jason’s Deli, IHOP, Red Robin, Popeyes, Five Guys, churches chicken, Qdoba, Golden Corral is OPEN on July 4th.
- GROCERY STORES are OPEN on July 4th.
- Fire brigade services are open on 4th July
- Ambulances and Hospital services are Open.
- Power generation units are open.
- Public Places like monuments, Libraries, Clubs etc are closed.
- Many other brands such as H & M, Nordstrom Rack, Burlington Coat Factory, ShopRite, quick trip are Open.
- Schools (grade schools, middle schools, high schools, colleges, universities, etc.) are Closed.
- Pharmacies & Drug Stores are Open. However, the actual pharmacy may be closed or operating at reduced hours.